Here in the south-east of England we have such wonderous history and many-a-castle to explore. One of the castles we’ve visited before is Bodiam Castle in East Sussex. And last week, we revisited the castle at the height of spring.
What’s particularly striking about Bodiam Castle is its moat, which surrounds the castle on all sides. Visitors can still cross a wooden bridge to enter the castle just as they would have in medieval times. Inside, you can explore the castle’s many rooms and get a sense of what life would have been like for the castle’s inhabitants. The castle is also home to a collection of artefacts, including weapons, armour and everyday objects from the medieval period.
If you’re a history buff or simply looking for a unique day out, Bodiam Castle is definitely worth a visit. And if you happen to be a photography enthusiast, the castle’s monochromatic facade and surrounding countryside make it a perfect subject for black and white photography. So pack your camera and head on over to Bodiam Castle for a day of discovery and stunning photography.
And remember, you can take a short walk to Bodiam Station, to catch the Steam or Diesel Trains to Tenterden.
Thank you to all those who have participated in the last MWM challenge, and you can view the entries, on the links below.
I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge. And don’t forget to check out last week’s Challenge Entries.
Have a great day! Happy Wednesday everyone!!!
Last Challenge Entries
- Rugged Wrecks – From Pyrenees to Pennines
- Breakwater Light — Mid-Week Monochrome #126 & Monochrome Madness – Photos by Jez
- Mid-week Monochrome #126-1 – Ritva Sillanmäki Photography
- Schoolyard Mosaic – pictures imperfect blog
- The staircase – bushboys world
- Mid-Week Monochrome #126 – Images from Finchley
- Brashley’s Midweek Monochrome Challenge #126 | Mama Cormier
- mid-week monochrome – nature – double exposure – photo roberts blog 2
- Mid-week Monochrome Madness – Loch Shiel – photographias
- On the Escalator – Flights of the Soul
- MWMono-126-Fountain – WoollyMuses
- Black and White: The Backs of People | The Day After
Also posted as part of:
- Leanne Cole’s Monochrome Madness photography challenge. (Photography Challenge hosted by Leanne also on a Wednesday – Use the tag ‘Monochrome Madness‘, so Leanne can find your images easily.)
Wanna join in on this weekly monochrome challenge….
It’s simple, create a post using Mid-week Monochrome # (#being the number for the week and use the MWM and Mid-Week Monochrome tags. Pingbacks are enabled, however, if you have trouble creating a pingback then simply post the link to your post in the comments below. Happy Wednesday everyone… Enjoy the challenge.
Your comments are greatly appreciated