This week’s Five at Five Intro features Photographer Lisa. Lisa says in her About Page of A Day in the Life blog.
Wife, friend, teacher, lover of nature
Photographing nature, birds, the ocean is a passion. Helping children to find their strengths and grow them, one of the most rewarding things I do. An empath always willing to lend a listening ear.
The beach, a favorite place to be.
Five at Five Questions
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
I have always enjoyed taking photographs but became more serious about it after I began blogging in 2013. Many of the bloggers I followed offered great tips and I eagerly took their advice and honed my skills. It was my impetus for purchasing a “real” camera.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
Mostly I photograph birds and scenes from nature. Beach scenes have become a favorite subject too.
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
I can’t say I have been influenced by any photographer in particular. Inspired by my blogging friends, yes. Cee Neuner https://ceenphotography.com/ on WordPress has shared her knowledge of photography to help many bloggers become better photographers. She is a very talented photographer whose images are absolutely beautiful.
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
I use a Nikon Coolpix P530 42X Optical Zoom. I also use my Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)
I can’t say I have a favorite processing method. I try not to alter my photos except to crop and maybe make the colors more vibrant if they appear washed out. Changing an image to black and white or sepia can sometimes change the feel of a photograph and I enjoy seeing that difference emerge.
Thank you, Lisa, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is Margaret of Pyrenees to Pennines Blog
Your comments are greatly appreciated