This week’s Five at Five Intro features Writer/Photographer Patti from P.A. Moed blog. Patti says in her About Page of her blog.
This site is the creative home of P.A. (Patti) Moed, an award-winning writer and aspiring photographer. In this blog, she will share her ideas, photographs, and insights about the creative process. She will also provide resources for people who are on their own journey through the vast seas of creation and imagination.
Five at Five Questions – Writing
- When and how did you start on your blogging journey?
I have been blogging for many years on different platforms, but I’ve been at WordPress the longest, starting in 2012. When Tina Schell, Amy Apien, Ann-Christine Paulsen and I got together and started the Lens-Artists challenge, I was able to combine both writing and photography. For me, that’s a great combination.
- What subject do you like writing the most? (food, travel, sci-fi, poetry, short stories, mixture of topics, etc)
I love writing about creativity, food, and travel, but I’ve also written short stories, feature articles, and a novel (The Incident at Montebello). Montebello is set in Italy and the United States in the 1930’s and focuses on a family caught in a political firestorm during Mussolini’s time in power. Now I’m working on another piece of historical fiction set in the United States during the Second World War.
- Have you been influenced by other writers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite author?
I have many, many favorites, including Jane Austen, Flaubert, Elena Ferrante, J.D. Salinger, Milan Kundera, Italo Calvino, José Saramago…
- How and when do you plan writing your blog posts and what keeps you motivated (making notes, spur of the moment, etc). And do you photograph your own images for your blog posts?
The Lens-Artists team discusses our themes in advance and we have a weekly deadline so I know the topics for several weeks. This keeps me on track! I include my own images in my posts and occasionally my son’s.
- What is your favourite form of reading, fiction or non-fiction?
I love them both!
Novel on Amazon
Five at Five Questions – Photography
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
Photography intrigued me for many years, but I didn’t take it seriously until my son and I started going on photo shoots when he was in high school.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
Architecture, landscapes, seascapes, street scenes. I love capturing images that tell stories. I’m also a writer, so that explains it!
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
I have a long list of favorites—Henri Cartier Bresson, Robert Frank, Robert Capa, Ansel Adams, Walker Evans, Weegee, Vivian Meier….and the list continues.
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
I bought the Fuji XT2 several years ago and now I use the updated XT4 model. I love it! My go-to lenses are the 35mm f/1.4, the 16-55 mm, and my latest, the 70-300 mm—all by Fuji. As for processing I use Photoshop and the Nik Collection.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)?
I’m at the point where I’m still experimenting, but so far, my favorites are color and monochrome.
Novel Website: https://theincidentatmontebello.com/
Thank you, Patti, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is Sofia Alves of Photographias
Your comments are greatly appreciated