With a camera and laptop in my hands, I’m recording some of the things and moments in my life. Present moments become past, old friendships dissolve with distance and time, new acquaintances become friendships, the cityscapes of the places I’ve lived in blur, life changes and evolves. Photographs and recorded memories help provide me more solid bases to spring off, heeding the admonition “those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it”.
Five at Five Questions
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
I discovered photography in high school when I took a class in summer school.. After a thirty-year break, I rediscovered the art when I bought myself a Canont3. I’ve recently taken up film photography with a Canon ae1-program 35mm that is in great shape.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
Birds and flowers are my favorite. Followed by wildlife in general. I like street photography under the right circumstances. Sometimes I try landscape.
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
I live in Jackson Hole Wy. I’m inspired by the natural beauty that surrounds me and local photographers like Thomas Mangelson who famously documented the life of Grizzly 399 and her many cubs. I share his devotion to saving wildlife.
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
I use my Canon77d with the Sigma 150-600 for birds and wildlife. I love my Sony a6000 and 85mm Lense for walking around. I use an Olympus with a neat little Macro far all things small. I don’t like to stop and change a lens! And of course, I always have my iphone13 pro with me.
I use Lightroom classic and photoshop. I always shoot in raw.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)
I do minimal processing on any type of image. My primary goal is composition and utilizing natural light.
Thank you, Jean, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is Sherry Felix of Port4u.net and sherryfelix.com