I am a Still Life & Portrait Photographer.
Sounds like something from an AA Meeting doesn’t it? But it IS an obsession and kind of like an addiction. The feeling I get from creating an amazing image, or even better, from helping someone else create their own amazing image, when they thought they couldn’t; there’s nothing better…such a buzz!
Five at Five Questions
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
I first started in high school, I still have my 2nd hand Olympus OM1 film camera. Then life happened and I stopped, didn’t get back into it until 2014 when I bought my first DSLR.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
I adore still life, macro and creative portraits…adore portraits. Currently working on a Over 40 and friggin fabulous campaign.
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
Sue Bryce, Renee Robyn, Brooke Shaden, Richard Woods, Rusty McDonald, so many more
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
I have a Sony a7RIII, use mostly my Tamron 28-75mm or my Sony 85mm lens (Or Lensbaby velvet or sweet). Mostly Lightroom and Photoshop, but also Capture One and Luminar.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)
Deeply saturated, dark and moody, painterly.
Thank you, Julie, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is