I am Aletta, a retired primary school teacher and now I am mostly at home!
My husband and I live on the West Coast of South Africa. We love to discover new places, being outdoors and to explore the surrounding area with family and friends!
Five at Five Questions
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
My dad was a keen photographer! He always had a camera handy and always encouraged me to try it too. I got my first camera in the 7th grade. I think it was a Kodak. This picture is one of my first images.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
Anything actually! Although mostly flowers, the ocean, nature, rocks, birds, plants, mountains and Sunsets.
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
I don’t think I have been influenced by one specific photographer, but use a lot of their tips to take better photos. There are so many brilliant photographers that I cannot even decide which one I like most. Cee inspired me a lot through her blog.
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
I use my Nikon D3100 for most of my photos, but also use my Cell phone a lot. I’ve also got a little Canon Power shot SX 210 IS that I use occasionally.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)
Normally colour, but I also like certain photos in monochrome.
Thank you, Aletta, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is Tina Schell of Travels and Trifles