I live on the east coast of Virginia and have been happily married for over 45 years (yes I am THAT OLD). I currently work in healthcare education. I have always had an interest in photography.
Five at Five Questions
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
I believe I started my photographic journey around the age of 10. I remember that my dad bought a new camera so he gave me his old one which was a Brownie flash (circa 1950’s). It was the type of camera where you popped the flash bulb out after use and always ended up burning your fingers on the bulb. From there, I remember that I always seemed to have some sort of camera in my possession.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
I have several favorite subjects that I like to photograph which include flowers, insects, birds and anything at the beach.
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
I can’t say I have a favorite photographer. There are a number of photographers that I follow on Flickr and WordPress whose work I admire.
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
My 2 favorite lenses are the 100-400 mm telephoto and 100 mm macro paired with my canon 5D IV. I primarily use Lightroom Classic for editing.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)
I usually “tweak” an image in Lightroom ie. whites, blacks, contrast, clarity, vibrance and noise. Some of the presets in Lightroom can provide interesting looks. Also, there are some images where I will apply textures to add to the interest.
Thank you, Nora, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is Aletta from NowAtHome blog.