He is a Michigan Native who enjoys amateur photography with his Nikon Z50 and occasionally his iPhone 12. John’s says he had a wonderful childhood and shares his wonderful memories
Five at Five Questions
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
My photographic journey began in the late 1980s when my father gave me two old cameras, one of which was a black and white only camera.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
My favorite subjects are actually many, from landscapes to animals and city/street photography.
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
I don’t have a favorite photographer but enjoy seeing both professional photography and amateur photography like my own photos.
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
My go-to camera is always my Nikon Z50 with a 16-140mm lens, and occasionally my iPhone 12. I use Aurora HDR, Photoscape X, and the Nik suite of software for photo processing.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)
I tend to create mostly color photography but find that changing a photo to grayscale or black and white can sometimes make a not-so-good photo into a good photo.
Thank you, John, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is Khürt Williams of Island in the Net