This month’s Before and After photo challenge is a panoramic photograph of the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, which I stitched together in Photoshop.
To use the image, which is jpeg, download the zip folder and then extract the image contained in the folder.
I did two edits for this image.. my first was a coloured version. All I did was added two sky effects using GRFX Studio Serge free software, as the sky was overcast and boring. I then added a lot of radial filters using Lightroom’s radial filter set to increase the exposure and clarityin certain areas.
After that, I cropped the image.
My next edit was to convert the image to a black and white version of the image.
For the black and white version, I added a couple of graduated filters, to darken the top and bottom of the image. I didn’t do anything else to the image other than those edits.
Have fun with the challenge and I look forward to seeing your entries.
Last month’s entries
How to join the challenge
If you wish to participate in this monthly challenge, please feel free to do… my post and photo for the challenge will be published at 11am on the 1st day of every month. The challenge will be called Before and After Challenge # (# representing the number).
The challenge is this. an image will be supplied for the Month for you to download. When you’ve downloaded the image in its ZIP format, extract the file you want to use, (raw or jpeg) and then edit the image using your own creativity and with whatever software programs or apps you use. Within the download file, will be two images, one in jpeg format and the other in its raw format. If the image was originally only shot in jpeg there will just be the jpeg version available to edit.
- Download the image, extract image and edit using whatever software you wish.
- If you wish to submit an image for the challenge, please email me the RAW and Jpeg format (if RAW is available) – with a long edge of max 1000px – or a link to where readers can download the images. I will then upload your submissions, if necessary to Dropbox for download.
- Create a post on your blog or Facebook Page, showing your finished edit.
- Caption the image Image supplied by # (Who submitted the original image) – Edited by ~# (# being your name or blog’s name).
- It is not necessary but it would be nice if you did a brief explanation as to how you achieved your results, and what software you used.
- Tag your posts BAC or Before and After Challenge
- Create a pingback to the relevant month.
- If you can’t create pingback/trackback, don’t worry, post a comment below so others can find your edited version of the image.
- Follow Ryan Photography so you don’t miss out on our photography challenges.