This is the second one of the Before and After Challenge, and thank you to all those that took part in April’s Challenge. It was lovely seeing your images. Keeping with the water theme I thought for this month a photograph of the coastline at Corton in Suffolk would be a great image to be creative with.
After Edit 1
For this image, I started out in Lightroom with a few basic edits, then I went into Photoshop, where I added a new Sky using GRFX Free software. In order to create the sky, I used two of the presets which when merged gave an added dimension to the sky.
From there I went into Luminar 3 where I played around with the tones and colours and then when finished in Luminar, I edited the image in Topaz Impression to create a paint-effect to the image below.
Once back in Lightroom for Edit 1, I added some radial filters and for Edit 2, I lowered the saturation slightly.
Last Month’s Entries
Over to you… the instructions for joining in are below. And I would be most grateful if you could pass the word around about this challenge. And don’t forget, if you have an image that you would like to have entered into the Challenge… please email me, the original image in RAW+Jpeg (if a RAW File) and jpeg (if it is shot only in jpeg). Many thanks.
How to join the challenge
If you wish to participate in this monthly challenge, please feel free to do… my post and photo for the challenge will be published at 11am on the third Friday of every month. The challenge will be called Before and After Challenge # (# representing the number).
The challenge is this…an image will be supplied for the Month for you to download. When you’ve downloaded the image in its ZIP format, extract the file you want to use, (raw or jpeg) and then edit the image using your own creativity and with whatever software programs or apps you use. Within the download file, will be two images, one in jpeg format and the other in its raw format. If the image was originally only shot in jpeg there will just be the jpeg version available to edit.
- Download the image, extract image and edit using whatever software you wish.
- If you wish to submit an image for the challenge, please email me the RAW and Jpeg format (if RAW is available). I will then upload the submissions to Dropbox for Download.
- Create a post on your blog or Facebook Page, showing your finished edit.
- Caption the image Image supplied by # (Who submitted the original image) – Edited by ~# (# being your name or blog’s name).
- It is not necessary but it would be nice if you did a brief explanation as to how you achieved your results, and what software you used.
- Tag your posts BAC or Before and After Challenge
- Create a pingback to the relevant month.
- If you can’t create pingback/trackback, don’t worry, post a comment below so others can find your edited version of the image.
- Follow Ryan Photography so you don’t miss out on our photography challenges.