There is nothing like a summer’s day to visit Windsor Castle. And for this week’s MWM I thought I process a photograph of the front of Windsor Castle. On the day we visited it was Changing of the Guard and the Guard are marched in by the band into the entrance between the two-turrets in the middle of the photograph.
When you visit the guard’s entrance is the actual visitor exit. I’ve never seen changing of the guard and to be honest I haven’t been to Windsor Castle. And it is definitely a place I will be revisiting. Simply because your entrance tickets, when stamped on leaving the castle are valid for a year. And you can visit as many times as you like within that year, providing you take ID with you.
One thing I do find sad is because of the heightened security we now have to live within, the metal barricades have now become part of the security measures to protect the castle. It is a shame simply because they truly detract the beauty of the castle.
Anyway, if you want to submit a monochrome image to this week’s MWM.. simply follow the instructions below. Have a good day everyone!
How to join the challenge
If you wish to participate in the weekly challenge, please feel free to do… my weekly post will be published at 11am Wednesday mornings. The challenge will be called Mid-Week Monochrome – MWM # (# representing the number).
- Publish a post on your blog by the following Wednesday as this challenge starts on a Wednesday and my post for the forthcoming week is published at 11 am UK Time.
- Use the tags on your posts MWM or Mid-Week Monochrome – that way I can find the tags easily in WordPress Reader, which means I won’t miss a submission.
- Create a pingback to the relevant week.
- If you can’t create pingback/trackback, don’t worry, post a comment below and I will comment on your blog.
- Follow Ryan Photography so you don’t miss out on the weekly challenges.
Your comments are greatly appreciated