So what is satisfaction? For me it is when I accomplish something that I only dreamed of. Like taking a photograph and transforming it into something else. My original image was this deep cerise flower.
Even though I liked the original image I wanted to create something different and the colour I had in mind was a violet shade. So I started my processing in Lightroom, where I carried out the following steps:
- Added a Preset by Serge Ramelli called SFX: American Night Bright
- Added a radial filter and updated the exposure and saturation.
- Cropped the image
- Did some Colour Noise Reduction and Luminance Smoothing
- Added a Colour Priority vignette
- Adjusted the tint, contrast and vibrance sliders
- Added a deep blue and gold split tone
- Added some brush strokes to highlight the petals.
Exported my image into Photoshop, where I did the following:
- Added a texture and masked out the flower and lowered the opacity and blending mode of the texture.
- Added a Gradient Map using the colours of the image
- Added a Vibrance Layer
- Saved my image which imported it back into Lightroom.
Once my image was imported back into Lightroom I processed it either further by:
- Increasing the exposure
- Increasing the Highlights
- Decreasing the clarity.
- Adding a vignette.